11 March 2008

LBC


Wussup, Peeps. Shane here. I finally know what all the fuss is about. It's mid March right now, and Sal and I have been going to the beach for the last two or three weeks! No wonder real estate is so expensive in California. The beautiful weather more than makes up for the ridiculous traffic. We live in South Long Beach and I've loved every second of it. Our apartment is on the Pacific Coast Highway and about a five minute drive from the ocean. Sal has recently taken up surfing with the help of some borrowed equipment (thanks Morgan and pals). I've recently taken up laying on the sand, reading a book, and watching Sally surf. I mean, the weather's nice, but the water's still too cold for me! On Sunday we went for a drive and a bike ride along the coast north of Long Beach and bit south of LA (that's where the picture comes from). We were on a peninsula that had rolling hills, beautiful cliffs that dove into the water, and some enormous houses. We talked to one gentleman, on his Sunday stroll, that told us he purchased his house in the 70's for around $100,000 and that it would now go for about $1.9 Million (I'm saving up). His house doesn't even have the ocean view. He pointed to one house on the street next to the ocean and said it just sold for $4.8 mill. That one's a little out of my range. It was fun to cruise around there and see some more of the Long Beach area. It was a nice, beautiful day with my nice, beautiful wife.

1 comment:

kelliemcc said...

You don't swim in the ocean because Josh isn't there to save you! Looks like fun, but we would still like you to live closer!!!Glad to see you joining the blogging world so we can keep track of you guys!
Love Kellie